Friday, July 27, 2012

Review for Size 12 & Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot

Size 12 and Ready to Rock (Heather Wells, #4)
Just because the students at New York College have flown the coop doesn't mean assistant residence hall director Heather Wells can relax. Fischer Hall is busier than ever, filled with squealing thirteen- and fourteen-year-old girls attending the first ever Tania Trace Teen Rock Camp, hosted by pop sensation Tania Trace herself—who just happens to be newly married to Heather's ex-boyfriend, heartthrob Jordan Cartwright. But the real headache begins when the producer of a reality TV show starring Tania winds up dead ... and it's clear that the star was the intended victim.

Grant Cartwright, head of Cartwright Records, wants to keep his daughter-in-law (and his highest-earning performer) alive. So he hires his oldest son, black sheep of the family and private investigator Cooper Cartwright—who just happens to be Heather's new fiancĂ©. Heather should leave the detecting to Cooper. But with a dorm full of hysterical mini-divas-in-training, she can't help but get involved. And after Tania shares a really shocking secret with her, this reality suddenly becomes more dangerously real than anyone ever anticipated.

My Thoughts:


Just like the Heather Wells books before, I loved this one.  Heather has always been one of my favorite characters with her aversion to exercise and her penchant for oreo cookies.  Oh, how I relate to this girl!  Once again she is thrust in to another mystery; this one hitting even closer to home since it involves her ex-boyfriend and his new wife.  Throw in some snarky teenagers, who need a good slap in their smart mouths and you have quite an adventure.  Heather's maternal instincts are in over drive in this novel as she helps everyone from teen to adult deal with their crises.  Cooper is the perfect Superman to Heather's Lois Lane.  He's the kind of guy most women would love to have in their corner.  This book, I think, had just the right combination of mystery, romance and comic relief.  So many laugh out loud moments.  I'm not sure if there's more to come in this series but if so I'm ready for the next.


Review copy provided from William Morrow Paperbacks

1 comment:

  1. I love Meg Cabot, I started reading this the other day but for some reason I got distracted. I'll take your advice and read it this week.

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva