Saturday, July 21, 2012

Review for Rapture by Lauren Kate (Spoiler Alert)

Do NOT read this if you haven't read the book!!

Rapture (Fallen, #4)
Synopsis from goodreads.com 

Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.

Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.

For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.

In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.



I was kind of disappointed in this last book of such a great series.  Through this entire series the main goal, for me at least, was to find out what Luce's role was in the curse.  When I was finally enlightened I was also extremely let down.  ***Spoiler Spoiler Spoiler*** 
Am I to believe that this cosmic altering curse came down to a case of jilted love and a stalker happy Ex who can't get over himself???  I guess I just thought it wouldn't be over something so trivial.  I have a hard time wrapping my head around that the "Throne" would possibly put all creation at risk over a bad break-up.  Ok, I know it was a little more than that, but not much.  
I did like the very end when Luce and Daniel reconnect.




1 comment:

  1. Sorry this book let you down, that sucks! I really need to read this series, as I have heard nearly all good things about Fallen #1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva