Sunday, July 5, 2020

Review: Fable by Adrienne Young

As the daughter of the most powerful trader in the Narrows, the sea is the only home seventeen-year-old Fable has ever known. It’s been four years since the night she watched her mother drown during an unforgiving storm. The next day her father abandoned her on a legendary island filled with thieves and little food. To survive she must keep to herself, learn to trust no one and rely on the unique skills her mother taught her. The only thing that keeps her going is the goal of getting off the island, finding her father and demanding her rightful place beside him and his crew. To do so Fable enlists the help of a young trader named West to get her off the island and across the Narrows to her father.

But her father’s rivalries and the dangers of his trading enterprise have only multiplied since she last saw him and Fable soon finds that West isn't who he seems. Together, they will have to survive more than the treacherous storms that haunt the Narrows if they're going to stay alive.
My Thoughts:
It's been a while since I've read a book in 24 hrs.  I got hooked from the description!  Fable is a SURVIVOR with a capital S!  Using her wits and sheer will she overcomes so much to get what she wants.  Despite it being hard to accept I understand why Saint did what he did.  I was fascinated with her ability to free dive.  The amazing things she must see as explored the coral reefs. By the end, I felt like Fable had come to terms with it as well.  The story is very well written with great characters to support Fable on her journey.  I knew as I got closer to the end that I'd be left biting my nails for the next book! I look forward to finding out more about Isolde and where the story will lead for all the crew of the Marigold. I highly recommend this story for lovers of sea adventures.  
Mild to moderate violence and adult situations.
Recommended for ages 15 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva