Friday, August 4, 2017

Review: Shiftless by Aimee Easterling

PMS is no fun for werewolves.

Forget the full moon, female werewolves shift uncontrollably at that time of the month. But after years of practice, teenaged Terra learns to squash her wolf, which allows her to flee the repressive village where she grew up.

A decade later, Terra realizes she has an even worse problem. After hiding from her wolf for so long, she is now shiftless, unable to change back into canine form.

When her father shows up with an ultimatum, Terra knows she'll have to learn to shift or return to her place in her family's pack. Will Wolfie, a nearby alpha who's more wolf than man, be a stumbling block in Terra's quest to maintain her freedom?

As Terra struggles to escape two werewolf packs that seem poised to suck her back in, the real question becomes --- does she really want to stay away?

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed this book.  It's been a while since I've read a werewolf series so I'm glad I found this one.  Terra has been on the run from her overbearing, sadistic father for more than a decade.  Even though she struggles with not being part of a pack, her freedom is worth the heartache.  Now she's being pulled back in to craziness of the pack.  Terra has to make a choice...her freedom or her sacrifice her only nephew to become her father's next pawn.  I love how Terra isn't perfect.  She has some serious issues and she actually has to learn to overcome them in order to forge on to her true path.  Wolf Young is the perfect hero who doesn't impose himself and immediately take over Terra's life.   The only thing I really didn't like about him was his nickname.  "Wolfie".  I just couldn't make it fit the image in my head so I just read his name as Wolf.  The story is a great kick-off to what I think will be a good series.  I'll be reading the next books in the very near future.  
Recommended for 16 & up.  Mild to moderate sexual and adult situations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva