Thursday, August 21, 2014

Review: Secret by Brigid Kemmerer

Nick Merrick is stretched to breaking point. He's trying to keep his grades sky-high or he won't get in to college. He's trying to keep his brother's business afloat or the Merricks will be out on the street. He's trying to keep the secret of where he's going in the evenings from his twin brother Gabriel - or he fears he'll lose his family. And he's trying to keep his mind off the hot, self-assured dancer who is his 'girlfriend's' partner.

And then Quinn takes to hanging around his sworn enemy, and an Elemental Guide is counting the hours until he can try again to kill the Merrick brothers. Storms are brewing. On all sides.

My Thoughts:
Brigid did an AMAZING job with some very sensitive subjects in this book.  I was bawling my eyes out in several parts because the anguish from Nick & Quinn was almost tangible.  The pain & love the Merrick brothers give each other left me a puddle of emotion. Kemmerer's writing is so visualizing I could see the whole book unfold in my mind.  From the angry, hurtful confrontations to the lighter moments that had me laughing out loud.  I don't know how anyone could read this series and not fall in love with every one of these characters.  You need to have read the other books in the series to know what's going on but they're all wonderful and fantastically written.  

Recommended for 15 & up.  Mild to moderate language and sexual content. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva