True love—and world war—is at stake in the conclusion to The Pledge trilogy, a dark and romantic blend of dystopia and fantasy.
Charlie, otherwise known as Queen Charlaina of Ludania, has become comfortable as a leader and a ruler. She’s done admirable work to restore Ludania’s broken communications systems with other Queendoms, and she’s mastered the art of ignoring Sabara, the evil former queen whose Essence is alive within Charlie. Or so she thinks.
When the negotiation of a peace agreement with the Queendom of Astonia goes awry, Charlie receives a brutal message that threatens Ludania, and it seems her only option is to sacrifice herself in exchange for Ludanian freedom.
1. When I was little, I collected Star Wars trading cards. All of them! I cataloged them in shoe boxes. I might have been a little nerdy.
2. I love Nerds bubblegum. I once ordered a 20-pound box because they’re almost impossible to find in stores.
3. I can’t get enough of online shopping. I’m pretty sure the UPS guy thinks I’m a shut-in.
4. On writing days, I only get “writer-ready” which is good enough for my family, close friends, and maybe even the UPS guy. #showeringisoptional
5. I consider Entertainment Tonight / US Weekly/ People Magazine “the news”. Is it wrong that I love hearing all about Hollywood’s hook-ups, break-ups, and meltdowns???
6. I once went 10 years without eating chocolate. I’ve only recently started eating it again.
7. My favorite treat: plain M&Ms in popcorn! (The trick is to heat up the M&Ms first so they’re melty!)
8. I love to floss my teeth. It’s like an obsession.
9. My favorite scenes to write are the ones from the serial killers’ perspectives. They come surprisingly easy to me.
10. As far as research, I’ve been doing that since I was in my teens, reading psychological thrillers and true crime books, watching documentaries on serial killers, along with every kind of crime drama out there (CSI, Bones, Medium, Criminal Minds, Law & Order).