Monday, September 17, 2012

Celebrating Womanhood - Am I really someone's mother?!


I'm the mother of two daughters.  Holy smokes, who's idea was that?!!  I have a feeling it's the result of the prayers of my mothers (I have 2 awesome ones) and my mother-in-law praying that I and my husband pay for our raising.  You know what?  I wouldn't have it any other way.  
My daughters are 11 & 8.  They are like night and day.  My oldest is quiet and reserved for the most part.  She has a tongue as sharp as her mother's that will be the cause of many battles yet to come. She's athletic like her father, thank goodness!  She has this endless brave streak that continues to amaze me.  Even at 11 years old she's one of the strongest people I've ever known.  She rarely cries, unlike her emotional mother & sister.  She's the beautiful quiet before the storm. 
My 8 year old is my personality made over!  She's loud and energetic.  She LOVES life and all it can show her.  She's creative and funny.  While her sister's sense of humor is dry; her's is silly and meant to make you laugh.  I can often hear her yell "Boo" as her sister comes around a corner and then run of with this wild cackle of a laugh echoing down the hall.  She will dance to any beat of music.  It never ceases to amaze me what she remembers.  I often think she's not paying attention to all her surroundings because she's always going 90 to nothing.  And, yet, she can tell me what Disney actor played in what movie or show she's ever seen them in.  She's the brightest star in the sky.
I could go on of course.
Right now they don't appreciate their differences.  I hope they will as they get older.  I hope they will become the best of friends.  I think my biggest fear is they won't.  
I can't wait to become friends with the women they will be as I have with both my moms and wonderful mother-in-law.  


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! Your girls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post, Jeannette! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful girls. My kids are now grown and the best of friends. I hope yours will be, too.

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva