Thursday, February 9, 2012

Review for Reckoning (Strange Angels novel)

Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)
Description from www.goodreads.com

Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She's battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a full-fledged svetocha - rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires - the worst is yet to come.

Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she's ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?

DRU ANDERSON'S NOT AFRAID OF THE DARK.
BUT SHE SHOULD BE.


My Review

This was a great end to one of my favorite series. I wonder if, and hope there will be a spin off. The only unfinished bit was not finding out what Dru is short for. The thing I love most about Dru is that she pushes through all her fear and apprehension to survive and save those she loves. She's always surprised at her own strength. Dru rises above near impossible odds with grace she doesn't even know she possesses. The raw, complicated emotions that Lil St. Crow illustrates in her writing is what hooked me to this series. **SPOILERS BELOW**



I gave this book 5 stars on my review. However, I'm going to have to jump on the "unsatisfied conclusion" band wagon. When I finished the book it was like Dru was abandoned all over again, but this time by St. Crow herself. So many things left unfinished. To write such raw realistic characters and then leave everything so open is heart breaking. The characters deserved more. While it might not be important to others, it was frustrating to me to not find out Dru's full name. It was such a big deal in Strange Angels. So, like other faithful St. Crow readers, I want to know...will there be a spin off? Will we see Graves return? Will Dru have to finally make a decision between Graves & Christophe? Then at the very end of the book she opened up a whole new possiblity with Gran's family background. There has to be more! St. Crow might be done with Dru, but clearly her readers are not! Come on Lili, don't leave us or Dru like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva