Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review for Parallel by Claudia Lefeve

Parallel (Travelers, #1)
Destiny has a way of catching up.

Saddled with powers she doesn't understand, Etta Fleming's world is turned upside-down the day she meets Cooper Everett, the man who transports her to an alternate reality. A reality she was meant to be a part of.

One minute, she's an orphan living at Dominion House for Girls, an institution for delinquent foster kids, then finds herself attending the exclusive Dominion Hall Academy.

Plucked from the only world she's ever known, Etta now has to deal with an aunt she never knew, a boyfriend she doesn't know, and a best friend who can't know.

PARALLEL is the first book in the Travelers Series.

(*Formerly entitled Heir. Scheduled release date August 2011)


4 out of 5

My thoughts…

I'd like to start off by saying that I've never been particularly fond of books about time travel.  The Time Traveler's Wife left a bad taste in my mouth.  This book however, has made a huge difference in my opinion.  I don't know if it's the originality of the plot or the pragmatic world LeFeve has created that had me so intrigued.  I did struggle a bit with the lack of relationships between the characters.  I felt like some of them should have deeper connections.  Etta seemed to handle the changes in her situation well.  She should have had warning bells screaming in her head when it came to Alex.  I know there has got to be more to Alex than we see in this book so I am looking forward to seeing what happens with him in the next one.  There were a few places in the book that needed better editing, but nothing that was too confusing.  I suspected, but still loved the twist at the end.  I think this series is just going to get better as it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! The cover looks nice too.

    I'm a new follower, found you in book blogs, and would appreciate a follow-back at http://bookwormmia.blogspot.com/

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds fascinating. I did not like The Time Traveller's Wife- but my co-author loved it. Based on your review I plan to give this book a try. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva