Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Review: Hope(Less) by Melissa Haag

Image & description from goodreads.com

Gabby's brain is like a human fish finder. It comes in handy when she wants to avoid people. Mostly men. They seem to like her a bit too much. It's lonely being different, but she's adapted to it. Really. She just wishes she knew why she is different, though.
In her search for answers, she discovers a hidden community of werewolves. She immerses herself in their culture, learning about their world until she meets Clay. He's unkempt, prone to mood swings, intense without saying a word, and he thinks Gabby is his.
It's going to take every trick she knows to convince Clay to go away, and every bit of willpower not to fall for him when she discovers the man beneath the rough exterior.
Judgement has begun...


My Thoughts:
I love books about werewolves and this book was unlike any I've read before.  There a few things I didn't prefer so let me get those out of the way.  I didn't like the lack of background or history for Gabby.  In the end we find out some stuff, but I would have liked to know more & a bit earlier in the book.  It helps me understand the meaning behind her actions & reactions.  The same lack of information on Sam & the wolves bothered me as well.  I hope in the following books of the series we learn more about the wolves & the special humans like Gabby.  None of that kept me from reading this book in less than 2 days though.  The way Clay inserted himself into Gabby's life was hilarious & I loved the way their relationship progressed.  I like that Gabby's character stayed true to herself & never changed her core personality or goals.  I do think that she should have a stronger connection to Sam than it appears in the book.  I hope in the end he ends up being the "grandpa" she missed out on.  Over all, the pace of the book was good.  The story is unique and kept me interested all the way through.  
Recommended for ages 14 & up.  

I bought this book on Amazon & received no compensation for my review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva