Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Review: Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally

Image & Description from Goodreads.com

Everyone at Hundred Oaks High knows that career mentoring day is a joke. So when Maya said she wanted to be a rock star, she never imagined she’d get to shadow the Jesse Scott, Nashville’s teen idol. 
But spending the day with Jesse is far from a dream come true. He’s as gorgeous as his music, but seeing all that he’s accomplished is just a reminder of everything Maya’s lost: her trust, her boyfriend, their band, and any chance to play the music she craves. Not to mention that Jesse’s pushy and opinionated. He made it on his own, and he thinks Maya’s playing back up to other people’s dreams. Does she have what it takes to follow her heart—and go solo?


My Thoughts:

I liked this book.  I didn't LOVE it, but I liked it a lot.  I think it’s because I haven’t read the other books in the series (which I will be doing ASAP) so I wasn't as attached to the characters as others might be.  I liked Jesse & Maya and I think they were both well written.  They each had their own trust issues to work out & I liked how they helped each other.  My heart for Jesse & his family situation.  Out of the two, he seemed the most vulnerable which is a nice change from most books where the female is the fragile one.  Both Jesse & Maya have something the other longs for.  As the story progresses they help each other get what they need.  The only negative thing I can say about them is that they both seem a little immature.  Maybe that was intended, but it kept me from being as connected with them as I’d like.  I was still very interested in the story & I can’t wait to go read the other books in the series. I thought Sam & Jordan were hilarious so I’m excited to read Catching Jordan.  One thing I appreciated most was the fact that not everyone got exactly what they wanted all tied up in a pretty bow.  Both Jesse & Maya had to make some compromises & even let go of some expectations.  That enriched the story all the more. 

Recommended for 16 & up.  Moderate sexual content.



Author Links:

http://mirandakenneally.com/

https://www.facebook.com/miranda.kenneally

https://twitter.com/MirandaKennealy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva