Monday, September 9, 2013

Review: Inferno by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Book 4 in Chronicles of Nick

Image & Description from goodreads.com

Nick has his driver’s license and he’s not afraid to use it. But turning sixteen isn't what he thought it would be. While other boys his age are worried about prom dates and applying for college, Nick is neck deep in enemies out to stop him from living another day. No longer sure if he can trust anyone, his only ally seems to be the one person he’s been told will ultimately kill him.

But life spent serving the undead is anything except ordinary. And those out to get him have summoned an ancient force so powerful even the gods fear it. As Nick learns to command and control the elements, the one he must master in order to combat his latest foe is the one most likely to destroy him. As the old proverb goes, fire knows nothing of mercy, and if Nick is to survive this latest round, he will have to sacrifice a part of himself. However, the best sacrifice is seldom the sanest move. Sometimes it’s the one that leaves your enemies confused, and you even more so.

And sometimes, you have to trust your enemy to save your friends. But what do you do when that enemy is you?


My Thoughts:

I'm not going to gush about how great this book is (of course it is).  But this is the fourth book in the series so it stands to reason that I enjoy reading them since I've stuck to it.  Here's what I loved about the changes in the story.  I love the way Nick is evolving.  He's growing up at a realistic pace.  Just like all adolescents he's figuring out who he wants to be and what that means for his future.  He still has insecurities and questions every decision he makes, but he's maturing and gaining confidence.  Loyalties shift in this book as several characters start to re-evaluate what side they should be on.  I have loved this series from the first book.  You know I'm dying for the next one.  I've never read any of Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark Hunter series but they're in my near future.

You will get with this book: mild language, cliff hanger ending, non-stop action and realistic teenage angst.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva