Friday, August 3, 2012

Review: Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)
Description & image from goodreads.com
Becoming immortal wasn't supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she's as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he's becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate's coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 


As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future.




My Thoughts:


A fantastic continuation from the first book. Goddess Interrupted picks up as Kate returns to take her place as Queen of the Underworld. Oh how that party got crashed! I loved how Kate's insecurities were realistic. There was no sugar coating them and that made it so easy to feel for her. It also made me want to smack Henry upside the head. Aimee Carter did a wonderful job of explaining and fleshing out both Kate and Henry's feelings. When Persephone came back into the picture the story really took me on an emotional roller coaster. My heart just ached for Kate as she had to deal with finding her place out from under her sister's shadow. Carter has a spectacular way of ending her books with bang. I can NOT wait to read the next one. I'll be thinking about this series for weeks to come.



2 comments:

  1. I also loved this one, and the next one is out, although it is kind of the back story of the gods and goddesses and not quite a continuation of this story. You can see my review here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review..I like your review style. I am following!

    ReplyDelete

Are you leaving me a comment?! Oh how I love it when you do that!!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Magic Medley and Very Own World kits by Irene Alexeeva